Dr. Brent Goldman EdD
- The College of William and Mary (1990) BA Government
- Nova Southeastern University (1994) MS Educational Leadership
- Nova Southeastern University (1997) Ed.D Curriculum Design and Systemic Change
- Nova High School (1990-1995) Social Studies teacher
- The Sagemont School (1996-present) Head of School and Co-Founder
- The University of Miami Online High School (2001-2007) Co-Founder, Board Member
- Smart Horizons Career Online High School (2009-present) Co-Founder
- Xceed Preparatory Academy (January 2016-present) CEO and Co-Founder
- Winner of the South Florida Business Journal Up and Comer 40 Under 40 Award
- Winner Family Business of the Year, Florida Business Journals
- Named a Heavy Hitter in Education by The South Florida Business Journal
- Named a Trendsetter by Florida Trend Magazine
- Featured article in the William and Mary Alumni Association website
- Started a private school from scratch and grew it from 0 students to over 815 in 18 years. During that time the number of employees at the school grew from 5 to 110.
- Oversaw the original construction process of the school (90,000 square feet).
- Oversaw the construction of significant additions to the school plant: 7700 square foot gymnasium, 13,000 square foot field house and strength and conditioning center, and 10,000 square foot Visual and Performing Fine Arts Center.
- Developed an instructional technology program that has evolved over the past 18 years from wired computers in the classroom to 1 to 1 laptop program, to 1 to 1 tablet program.
- Sagemont was one of the first schools in the country to utilize online courses from a third party as a component of the school’s course offerings in order to increase flexibility for the students.
- Sagemont was one of the first schools in the country to use e textbooks for all middle and high school students.
- Developed a comprehensive college counseling program that includes: practice standardized tests for students during the school year; grade level meetings; individual family meetings; and an annual college fair with over 100 colleges in attendance. In addition, students receive one on one help with the entire application process; training for students and teachers in writing the personal essay; and the writing of teacher recommendations.
- Sagemont students have been accepted to some of the best colleges and universities in the United States including Harvard, Yale, Penn, Princeton, Columbia, Cornell, University of Chicago, Johns Hopkins University, Duke, Northwestern, Georgetown, University of Miami, University of Pittsburgh to name a few. Students have earned over 45 million dollars in merit scholarship dollars from the schools that have accepted them over the past decade.
- Oversaw two initial AdvancedEd/SACS accreditation visits and three successful AdvancedEd/SACS re-accreditation visits.
- Developed an athletic program that is currently one of the best in the state of Florida. Sagemont offers 19 varsity sports, which are the most for a school its size in Florida. Over the past decade, Sagemont has won four state championships and had 35 athletes sign Division 1 scholarships. Expertise includes: the development of coaches handbooks and trainings; the development of a strength and conditioning program for high school athletes; and, the development of an athletic training program for injury prevention and rehabilitation.
- Developed a systematic enrollment management program focusing on prospective students and re-enrolling current students. The program is plan-driven, calendared throughout the school year and implemented by an enrollment team. New student enrollment is driven by three open houses throughout the school year, developing relationships with international student agents, realtors, coaches, and local businesses. Follow-up procedures are key to the plan working. Re-enrollment is a team approach with all school stakeholders. Activities are planned throughout the school year to promote re-enrolling for the next school year.
- Developed an international student program where currently 40 high school students from around the world are attending Sagemont. We have developed relationships with a number of international student agencies as well as promoting the program on the school website. A program is also in place to find room and board for these students with local families.
- Developed a school marketing plan with an equal focus on internal and external marketing. Over the past 5 years, the school has transitioned from a print advertising campaign to one focused much more on social media and a strong online presence.
- The University of Miami Online High School was the first private online high school accredited by SACS and CITA.
- The University of Miami Online High School was the first online high school with a National Honor Society chapter.
- Partners included IMG Academies and Chris Evert Tennis Academy
- Grew to over 2000 students from all over the world. Most of the students were competitive athletes who needed a non-traditional school schedule.
- Sold to Kaplan, Inc. (a subsidiary of the Washington Post) in 2007.
- Smart Horizons is the first Advanced Ed district accredited online high school in the world.
- Smart Horizons was created to provide the 45 million high school drop outs in the United States an opportunity to earn both a high school diploma and career certification.
- Smart Horizons is the first online high school in the United States in correctional facilities.
- Has grown to over 5000 students
- Strategic partners include Cengage, McDonalds, and Clinton Global
- Will open in first campus in South Florida in fall 2017
- Goal is to 100 6th-12th grade micro schools across the United States
- Curriculum will be delivered in using a blended approach (live teachers with students using online curriculum)